Friday, February 22, 2008

Il Giudizio (or, Turning Forty)









Pisces Horoscope for week of February 21, 2008
[courtesy Rob Brezny]

Many people sincerely think that they will be called before God to account for themselves on Judgment Day. If you yourself have held that belief, you can stop worrying about it. The fact is that you were essentially called before God on Judgment Day last week (though it might have happened while you were asleep and dreaming), and everything went great! You passed your test! Your score wasn't perfect, and there were some demerits in your final evaluation, but the most important thing is that you made it! There will, therefore, be no more Judgment Days for you in the future. God found you worthy, and now you can go on living your life without fear or guilt. Congrats, Pisces! You're free!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would agree, except that I might quibble that the actual moment of judgment happened further back, so far back that one might question whether it happened at all. His point is well taken, anyway.

Anonymous said...

I wish. Every day of my life is a judgment day.

mouse (aka kimy) said...

40 - when the fun really starts! hippo birdie two ewe!

ThePoliticalCat said...

Hello, Joe,

Found you through Waiting For Dorothy. I'm adding you to my blogroll. Kindly add me to yours, if you would. Many thanks. Unless, of course, you think my blog sucks planets out of their orbits. I blog at La Casa de Los Gatos and CultureVultures as ThePoliticalCat.

BigAssBelle said...

oh honey, 40 is FABULOUS!!! i don't think i ever had such a grand time as in my 5th decade of life. yay! my 6th decade had a bit of a slow start, but i'm getting in the groove here i think.

but 40 . . . the BEST. happy day! no more judgment days indeed.

Trevor Messersmith said...

is it your birthday today mr. pisces?

Joe said...

AYM: It must suck to be you if that's actually the case.

Thanks to everyone else.

And Trevor, it's the 29th. How cool is that?

Stash said...

The big 40 is only 2 years, 10 months and 3 days away from now.

Stash said...

I hope to look as good as you when it's my turn.

Joe said...

Stash: Thanks. Just remember that Photoshop works miracles.

M. Knoester said...

The 29th is pretty cool. In actual birthdays that would make you... 10? Guess that means no birthday tipple for you!

Not being a pisces I decided I'd deal with God if or when I ran into him.

Papagayo said...

happy birthday joe- have a great weekend!

LadrĂ³n de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

Happy B-day. The best thing about such milestone birthdays is nearly a decade of not having to obsess about them.

Trevor Messersmith said...

wait...if your b-day is the 29th (today), you're really only 10!

BigAssBelle said...

oh divine, being free . . . no more judgment. 40 is fabulous.

Elizabeth Bevins said...

I loved that. I think I'll use that during prayer meeting at my southern baptist church--and then get up and go out the door marked "way to hell". :) Jesus will probably be right there with me.