Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Calafragalistic Tuesday













Above is the view in the posh cubicle. I had filled out most of the absentee ballot -- except for one perplexing local ballot measure -- a long time ago, and popped it in the mail on Saturday.

I sincerely -- but not naively -- believe in Hillary's good intentions and long history of articulating and attempting to realize them. I'll just leave it at that.


And, yes, that is a genuine polyester fleece Gap scarf, in case you were wondering.

m00nchild: hopefully this (either my vote or my scarf) won't doom our engagement.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Obama!

Anonymous said...

I want to know about that well-worn leather item.

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

So, I take it you don't heart Huckabee? Well, that wasn't exactly a surprise. I agree that the well worn leather item has enough gravitas to make up for any other infractions.

Joe said...

That was so productive, Anonymous...

H & LdB: That would be a briefcase-like item that's practically falling apart at the seams. I think I need a leathersmith to reattach the shoulderstrap.

Infractions? Really...

Ladrón de Basura (a.k.a. Junk Thief) said...

I say go with the leathersmith instead of just disposing of and replacing it. I've had a pair of favorite shoes and a favorite bag repaired recently, and it felt so good to come home with things that looked like they were new but were familiar and fit me perfectly.

BigAssBelle said...

definitely repair. that looks like the kind of leather that's almost indestructible. don't give it up for lack of some stitches or whatever.

hillary. i love her.
obama. i love him.

my confused vote. hillary
my wish vote. obama

i am absolutely torn and the only thing i am hoping hoping hoping for is that the warring factions of the absolute hillary and barack camps don't end up tearing us apart and allowing the ascendancy of mccain. or, heaven forbid (hear me God??) huckabee.

but i'm with you. i believe she means it and she has good intentions and i am a little more confident she can take on the rethug attack machine i hear revving its engine even as i'm writing this.

Trevor Messersmith said...

I second this emotion and motion - leather and all.

Gledwood said...

Oh no. Hillary. Please!