Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Devil Wears Cerulean Blue

So if the fellatio isn't sufficient confirmation of the fact (though sometimes it just happens), I am absolutely sure that I'm A Gay after watching The Devil Wears Prada last night... and thoroughly enjoying it. Shallow, I know (tomorrow I promise a critique on the dialectics of fascism and personal freedom as seen in Pan's Labyrinth... okay?)

Obviously, Meryl Streep owns the movie, but I'm still not sure why her performance isn't considered "Supporting" (as opposed to Jennifer Hudson's, for example). But anyway, that would be splitting hairs, something I never do.

Quotes that appeal to my brand of humor and sarcasm included the following:
Miranda:
- "...tell her no, for the 40th time, no, I don't want dacquoise, I want tortes filled with warm rhubarb compote."
- "By all means move at a glacial pace. You know how that thrills me."
- "Find me that piece of paper I had in my hand yesterday morning."
- "Florals? For Spring? Groundbreaking."
- "Also, tell Richard I saw all the pictures that he sent for that feature on the female paratroopers and they're all so deeply unattractive. Is it impossible to find a lovely, slender, female paratrooper? Am I reaching for the stars here? Not really."

Emily:
- "I'm on this new diet for Paris. I don't eat anything until I feel like I'm about to faint, then I eat a cube of cheese. I'm one stomach flu away from reaching my goal weight."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A critique of the dialectic of fascism and personal freedom as seen The Devil Wears Prada will suffice. I guess citing your favorite quotes already fill that need, though.

Anonymous said...

I suppose it is because without Ms. Streep it would be the "hmm-hmm" wears Prada? Or perhaps the Academy was repulsed by the idea of naming Beyonce as a contender.

Miranda is more Juan Peron than Franco but I can see you run with it.